Book your Appointment through Patient Access
Patient Access is available to ALL our registered patients. Once registered, you can book your appointment(s) online.
First you must register to use the service and then you can sign in to book your appointment(s).
If you’re having any difficulties using Patient Access please click here
Doctor appointments can be booked online once you have registered with Patient Access. Other Services listed below can be booked by contacting us in the usual manner:
During the coronavirus pandemic we would ask you not to visit the Surgery before speaking to a member of staff via the telephone first.
A new telephone system has been in operation since the beginning of July 2020.
When you ring either of the Surgery numbers you will find that there are four options available to choose from when the call is connected.
- Prescription Queries – It would be greatly appreciated if these calls are not made until after 10.30 am and please remember that the Practice is not permitted to take prescription requests over the phone.
- General Enquiries to speak to a receptionist.
- Medical Secretaries regarding hospital referrals/appointments, insurance and third-party medical forms.
If the line is busy when you call, you will be told what position you are in the queue of callers. It is also important to be aware that you will be automatically transferred to the first available receptionist who may be at Watlington or Chalgrove. All staff can see all patient records at either surgery so that your requirement can be dealt with at either location.
In general, it helps if appointments can be booked well in advance to aid organisation. Patients requiring appointments which are not urgent for today should telephone after 10:30. Please tell the Receptionist if you think you need a long appointment as more time can be allocated to you.
Patients requiring same day appointments should phone before 10:00. Emergency medical ailments will always be seen the same day. The Receptionist will ask you for basic details of the emergency so that the GP can access/review. They may be triaged by the Duty Doctor.
In an Emergency
To contact the Duty Doctor during normal working hours (08:30 – 18:15 Monday to Friday), telephone either surgery on 01491 612444 (Watlington) or 01865 890760 (Chalgrove). If a Receptionist is not available, a recorded message will give you the number to call.
We cannot see (and therefore treat) children under 12 unless they are accompanied by a responsible adult. We also prefer an adult to accompany older children (i.e., under 16) but will discuss any matter with a child over 12 in confidence if they wish.
Watlington and Chalgrove Surgery is committed to providing a safe, comfortable environment where the safety of patients and staff is of paramount importance. A key issue is the need for patients experiencing consultations, examinations and investigations to be safe and to experience as little discomfort and distress as possible. We offer a chaperone should you require one to be present for any part of the consultation or examination. Please just ask the Doctor or Receptionist.
- Morning Surgery usually starts at 08:30 in both Surgeries Monday to Friday.
- Patients who wish to consult a specific Doctor about a specific problem are welcome to do so (however there may sometimes be a wait for an appointment due to demand).
- Patients requiring emergency appointments will be asked to travel to either Chalgrove or Watlington.
- Receptionists are available in both Surgeries Monday to Friday 08:30 to 18:15.
- One of the Surgeries closes at 14:00 on some days. There will always be one Surgery open to 18:30.
- There are Surgeries morning and afternoon 5 days per week.
- The precise times of Surgeries vary from day to day and week to week and depend on which GP is in attendance. Please phone and check.
- The morning Surgery runs to at least 10:50 but may continue until 13.00.
- There is a limited Saturday morning Surgery every week (except bank holiday weekends) from 08:00 until 10:30. These Surgeries are held in either Chalgrove or Watlington, dependant on which GP is on duty. These are for routine, pre-booked appointments and not emergency matters.
Note; Saturday Surgeries are not available at the moment during the pandemic.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else. You can do this by phone, email or online or in person. Please, please do not just not bother to turn up or cancel the appointment five minutes before you are due to be seen. This wastes an appointment and prevents someone who genuinely needs an appointment from being seen.