Watlington & Chalgrove Surgeries


Registering with the Practice

You can register with the Practice if you reside in our geographical Practice area. We can accept patients within the area which is roughly bordered by Chalgrove, Ewelme, Watlington, Lewknor and Tetsworth. (We DO NOT cover the villages beyond this including Stadhampton, Little Milton, or Aston Rowant).

Click here and put your postcode into the postcode finder to see if you live within our catchment area.

University students should register at the University they are attending. They can re-register with the surgery when/if they return permanently to the family address when the course ends.

If you are uncertain, please ask a Receptionist.

You can register by coming in to the Practice to see a Receptionist. You will be asked to complete a registration form and a new patient questionnaire. The questionnaire gives us some basic information about you and your health which will enable us to care for you effectively until your records arrive from your previous GP.

Online Registration

If you wish to pre-register, click on the link below to open the form. When you have completed all of the details, click on the “Send” button to email your form to us. As indicated above, you will still need to visit the surgery to complete the registration. You will not be able to make an appointment until all forms and identification has been received and processed at the surgery. Please allow 2 working days.



Emergency Treatment

Emergency Treatment

If you fall ill while on holiday you can receive emergency treatment from a GP surgery in the local area where you are staying.  You will need to register as a temporary resident if you’re in the area for longer than 24 hours but less than three months.

If you are staying in the area for longer than three months you will have to re-register again as a temporary patient.

You cannot register as a temporary patient at a Practice in the town or residential area where you are already registered as a permanent patient.

To register with the surgery please contact us.

Registration Policy

Registration Policy

In accordance with current recommendations, all new patients should present two forms of identification. This is required to reduce and prevent fraudulent attempts to obtain or misuse NHS care. Overseas visitors may be asked for additional information to prove NHS entitlement.

One form of identity must ideally be photographic such as:

  • Passport
  • Drivers Licence
  • Official ID card from Public Services body
  • Student matriculation card (current year)

Other documents for prove of residency that are acceptable are:

  • Recent utility bill (within last 3 months)
  • Council Tax document
  • Television Licence
  • Payslips (last two months)
  • Rent book/agreement (Public Body or Private Landlord)
  • Bank Statement (Name and address section only required)
  • Solicitors Letter- (Clearly showing name and address)

If unable to provide photographic evidence then you must present one of the above and one of the following:-

  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate
  • DivorceAnnulment Papers.

N.B. The above list is not exhaustive and staff are entitled to ask for further proof if required. Please note you will not be registered with the practice if you cannot provide the documents required to prove NHS eligibility.